Making a Claim
Accidents happen. So do fires and bad weather. We hope you never need it, but insurance is meant to protect you from the rough spots in life. Your investment goes to making sure that help is available to get you and your family back on track.
We want our clients to feel like they're prepared for anything, and we're here to make sure your claims go smoothly.
Take a moment to go over our quick walkthrough of how to make an insurance claim:
- Make sure there is no physical danger to you or your family.
- Secure the property or automobile from further physical damage.
- Begin to take a detailed inventory of what has been damaged.
- Call Direct-Line at 780-468-1007. For after-hours emergency service, call the insurer we've placed your business with:
- Aviva - 1-866-692-8482
- Elite – 1–866-248-4622
- Intact – 1-866-464-2424
- Wawanesa – 1-866-632-1928
- Pembridge – 1-800-661-1577
- RSA – 1-800-319-9993
- Peace Hills – 1-800-272-5614
What to do in a car accident?
No one likes to be in this situation, and it's a relief when you know exactly what to do if it happens. The following list tells you what steps to take if you're in a car accident:
- Ensure everyone in the vehicle is safe and not injured. Call 911 if medical help is required.
- Check the other driver; make sure they’re safe too.
- Do not admit fault, regardless of what happened. Your insurance company must establish this.
- Write down the names and addresses of any witnesses who were not involved in the accident. This helps insurance company determine fault.
- Obtain the other driver’s:
- Phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Insurance company name and policy number
- License plate number
- Provide the same information to the other driver.
- Call the police if damage is over $2,000.
- If the damage is under $2,000, report the accident at the nearest police station.